Excerpts related to technology from the
New Hampshire Education Administrative Rules Adopted 7/1/05
PART Ed 306 MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR PUBLIC SCHOOL APPROVAL
Ed 306.22 Distance Education.
(a) In this section, “distance education” means correspondence, video-based, internet-based, and online courses.
(b) If a district chooses to offer distance education, the provisions of (c) - (f) below shall apply.
(c) The local school board shall be responsible for:
(1) The approval, coordination, and supervision of distance education courses offered for instructional purposes or high school credit, or both, in the district; and
(2) Granting student credit for completion of distance education courses.
(d) School districts may cooperate to share delivery of distance education courses.
(e) The local school board shall adopt policies relative to all distance education courses offered by the school district to require that:
(1) The courses comply with all federal and state statutes pertaining to student privacy and to public broadcasting of audio and video;
(2) Credit courses require students to meet similar academic standards as required by the school for students enrolled in credit courses offered by the school;
(3) Only students approved by the school principal or designee shall be eligible to receive credit for distance education courses; and
(4) Students earning credit for distance education courses shall participate in all assessments required by the statewide education improvement and assessment program.
(f) The local school board shall adopt policies relative to all distance education courses offered by the school district relative to:
(1) The number of students a teacher may be required to supervise;
(2) Monitoring of student progress, grading of assignments, and testing;
(3) Security of individual student records, provided that no individual student records obtained through participation in distance education courses shall be used for any purposes other than those that support the instruction of the individual student; and
(4) Gathering and disseminating of district-level aggregated data obtained through participation in distance education courses.