Social Media is becoming dominant in every facet of our society. I remember years ago, walking into a church for a concert and seeing on their TV screens, links to their Facebook and Twitter pages and them sharing ways that you could connect to them. It was interesting to think of an institution that is usually known for being so steeped in tradition, thinking of ways they could use this new technology to connect with people that live in an ever-changing world. Yet we still see many schools and school districts fearful of what social media can do in a negative manner to possibly the way they do their day-to-day “business” or even the impact it can have (in a negative way) on their reputation.
As more organizations outside of school begin to embrace social media, we have to think about what the purpose of using social media is and how we can learn from others. This technology has proven to be an effective way to learn openly, but there is also an opportunity to create a deeper connection with those that we serve.
Read the Entire article on the The Principal of Change blog at http://georgecouros.ca/blog/archives/3108.
Registrations are open for the February 3 through March 24.
- BP-03 Data Driven Teaching
- CE-01 Designing a Virtual Field Trip for the Elementary Classroom
- CE-02 Engaging K-12 Students with Digital Portfolios
- LA-04 Making the Most of Adolescent Literature
- LA-07 Improving Reading and Writing in the Content Areas
- HE-01 Teaching and Learning About HIV in the 21st Century Classroom
- LT-01 Reading First: Supporting Early Reading Instruction with Technology
- LT-02 Supporting Literacy Development in Lower Elementary Classrooms
- LT-06 ESOL Literacy Development 1 – Reading
- MA-02 Differentiating Instruction to Accommodate Learning Styles in Mathematics
- MA-05 Using Technology in the Elementary Math Classroom
- SC-03 Transforming the Classroom with Project Based Learning in Science
- SC-04 Differentiating Instruction to Accommodate Learning Styles in Science
- SC-06 Atoms and Galaxies: Basic Concepts of Science Literacy 2
- SS-01 Transforming the Classroom with Project Based Learning in Social Studies
- SS-02 Integrating Primary Sources into the Social Studies Classroom
- SE-02 Understanding the Special Education Process at the Elementary Level
Download a registration form and mail it in today!